Friday, July 1, 2011

Be The People

I just went over “Be The People: A Call to Reclaim America's Faith & Promise” by Carol M. Swain, PhD from Booksneeze to review.


When I first agreed to review this book I had a feeling it was going to be something very different. From the title I thought it would be about how we all need to be more involved in social justice, but thankful I was wrong. I'm a bit tired of being beat over the head with that stick.


Instead “Be The People” is actually about the great shift in our national identity and what we can do to bring it back. Not only does Swain identify the challenges, but she takes the reader back to the nations roots.


My favorite part of the book is the Family Matters section where she discuss the downfall of the family unit through divorce and the states removal of family authority. History is clear that as the family goes, so goes the nation.


Swain's book is a real treat and wonderful call to action. Make sure you pick up a copy today.

No comments:

Post a Comment