Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I need you, Pilgrim

A few months ago I was introduced to an amazing musical called simply: Pilgrim. It is the Christian classic Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan in a musical adaptation. It was written and performed by the youth at Covenant Life in Baltimore. You may know it as the home of Sovereign Grace Ministries with Pastor Josh Harris and formerly led by CJ Mehaney.

I've fallen in love with this production. It not only has great music, but it also has a clear gospel message and gives great glory to God.

I originally looked into performing this solely with my church, but it has become clear that I'll need to expand outside of that. So Lord willing Pilgrim will be the first play performed under the banner of Higher Hope Productions.

Needless to say, while I've been involved in many theatrical performances, I'm at a bit of a loss at the magnitude of this project. That is why I'm writing to you all. I need your help if you're willing to give it. If you're tagged in this note then you've either had experience in the arts or you've expressed interest in this project already.

I'm looking at a 4 day run the week before Easter, April 14-17, 2011. Casting will begin in December and rehearsals will begin for the main cast will begin in mid-January with smaller parts and extras coming in February.

The primary motivation for this production is to share the gospel with the lost and encourage the body of Christ. With that in view we will spend a brief time before each rehearsal in prayer and discussing the Scripture pertaining to a part of the Pilgrim allegory.

The following positions currently need to be filled. If you'd like to lead or help in an area please let me know. Also, if you know someone that might be interested please pass this on to them.

Assistant Director
Choreographer
Sound and Lighting Tech
Band leader
Marketing Director

You can reply below but I prefer you to send me a private message.

We will need a large cast as well for this production so consider those that might be interested.

If you weren't tagged in this note you're still welcome to comment and take part.

There will be an informational meeting and discussion in October. I'll hold two meetings to best equip everyone. Sunday, October 10 at 2:00pm or October 11 at 6:00pm. The meetings shouldn't run more than an hour and for those that have yet to view it I will show Pilgrim. For now we'll plan on meeting at my apartment.

If you come Monday night I'll provide supper and yes families are welcome so please RSVP.

Please ask any questions you may have and I'll answer them to the best of my ability.

Here is a link to the trailer that might give you an idea of the play: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWwo4l0UwU0

No comments:

Post a Comment